All you need to know about returning to church gatherings at Cardiff North.
We’ve so missed gathering together in person during this time, and are excited to let you know that we are beginning to open up our church sites in order to have services together again. We have taken precautions to ensure these services are as safe as possible for everyone so things will look a little different for a while.
Even with the actions we have taken to protect us all, the risk of transmission of COVID-19 can’t be entirely eliminated and so before considering attending a church service, we encourage you to make the best choice for your family and situation. We’ll be continuing to host services online for the foreseeable future, so there is no pressure to rush back to joining us on site if that’s not the best option for you to take.
For those of you who will join us in person, here’s all you need to know ahead of this Sunday.
1. YOU WILL NEED TO SIGN UP
To follow guidelines and manage numbers in the building everyone attending church will need to sign-up online ahead of time. The sign-up form includes some important information in respect of the ongoing COVID-19 situation so please take the time to read through it all carefully.
There is no cut-off time to sign-up for a service but we anticipate them filling up very quickly so we’d recommend booking on as soon as possible (link on previous page).
2. THE SERVICES WILL LOOK DIFFERENT
We have put some things in place to make this a COVID-secure event so here’s what you can expect:
- Hand sanitiser stations are available on arrival.
- In line with Welsh Assembly regulations, face coverings are to be worn when you are inside the venue.
- We aren’t able to serve refreshments.
- The seating inside has been socially-distanced. You can sit on your own or in a pair (as long as you sit with someone from your own household). A member of the Host Team will be on hand to show you which seat(s) to take.
- There will be worship during the service led from the front but the congregation cannot sing along.
- Anyone speaking or singing from the front will wear a visor/be behind a screen.
- Please arrive 15 minutes before the service starts to allow for queuing and sanitising on arrival.
3. VINEYARD KIDS & YOUTH WILL REMAIN ONLINE
At present the guidelines don’t allow for churches to run age-specific groups for children and young people. The Vineyard Kids & Youth teams are preparing behind the scenes ready for when those guidelines change but for now their content remains online.