All you need to know about returning to church gatherings at Cardiff West.
We loved getting to meet in person a number of times towards the end of 2020. We are hoping and praying that we will be able to meet together again soon. Below you’ll find helpful information for what the services will be like and how to book on when we do return.
We have taken precautions to ensure these services are as safe as possible for everyone so things will look a little different for a while. Even with the actions we have taken to protect us all, the risk of transmission of COVID-19 can’t be entirely eliminated and so before considering attending a church service, we encourage you to make the best choice for your family and situation. We’ll be continuing to host services online for the foreseeable future, so there is no pressure to rush back to joining us on site if that’s not the best option for you to take.
1. YOU WILL NEED TO SIGN UP
To follow guidelines and manage numbers in the building everyone attending church will need to sign-up online ahead of time. The sign-up form includes some important information in respect of the ongoing COVID-19 situation so please take the time to read through it all carefully.
There is no cut-off time to sign-up for a service but we anticipate them filling up very quickly so we’d recommend booking on as soon as possible.
2. THE SERVICES WILL LOOK DIFFERENT
We have recorded a short video giving you a run-through of what to expect when you arrive and how we’ve made this a COVID-secure event.
- Hand sanitiser stations are available on arrival.
- In line with Welsh Assembly regulations, face coverings are to be worn when you are inside the venue.
- We aren’t able to serve refreshments.
- The seating inside has been socially-distanced. You can sit on your own or in a pair (as long as you sit with someone from your own household/extended household). A member of the Host Team will be on hand to show you which seat(s) to take.
- There will be worship during the service led from the front but the congregation cannot sing along. We know that many of us love to worship by singing together and you may be disappointed that we can’t sing. We’ve felt that too, but in our test events we found that worship was still powerful, God was still glorified, and we encountered his presence!
- Anyone speaking or singing from the front will wear a visor/be behind a screen.
- Please arrive 15 minutes before the service starts to allow for queuing and sanitising on arrival.
3. VINEYARD KIDS & YOUTH // ONLINE
4. FILLING THE VAN
We will also be ‘filling the van’ at these events, helping to feed the hungriest in our communities through our partnership with local food charities, so please bring food to contribute to this.